Free invoice format download
All the registered companies are required to prepare invoices for each selling transaction that they make. As a response to statutory regulations, the companies need to maintain a summary of invoices to prepare books of accounts and later to conduct audit in accounts. Due to the multiple purposes served by the invoice, not only registered companies but also very small businesses operating under sole tradership and partnership must raise invoices for the products and services they provide.
Free invoice format download in xlt format for your business. It is free to download, edit, email, and print. This template can be used for most types of businesses and billing; it has place to add your logo and company address, data, invoice number, and a table for products or services.
Invoice format detailed description
- The top banner of this free invoice format download includes the box to insert company’s logo, to add company’s name in pre set good sized font, complete address and contact information.
- The word Invoice is written across from the above mentioned particulars to specify the type of the document, followed by the invoice number and the date of transaction.
- Separate columns are provided to insert the billing and shipping information. In case both the information is same, then the shipping column could be deleted. However, both are provided since many customers require the goods to be delivered to their warehouse while request the delivery of bill in their office that might be located at some other place.
- The main invoice table includes the following particulars:
- Product Description
- Unit Price
- This table is the most important section of the template, since it provides the total amount of sales of a certain item and the total amount due. The Amount column yields the subtotal by adding up all the figures. Added to this subtotal are the sales tax and shipping charges, the resulting total amount is the amount due that the customer must pay to the seller according to the terms of sale settled between both the parties.
- At the bottom of the document, the directions about making the payment are written. In case of any problem, the number of the person who could be contacted is given to guide the buyer appropriately with the payment process. At the end a thank you note is disclosed as a goodwill gesture.
Microsoft Excel 2007
|Uploaded:||April 29, 2012|
Please see preview of Free invoice format download below.