Certificate of Completion Templates
Certificates of completion can add value to any program—from kindergarten classrooms to management meetings, from Boy Scout troops to martial arts studios. Any program that involves incremental training will gain value with the addition of certificates to show when new milestones have been reached.
Do your employees feel that the training sessions they go to every quarter don’t add value to their resumés? Has another pre-kindergartner in your preschool just learned to spell his name? Has the eight-year-old in your dojang gained his yellow belt, or the fifty-year-old his black belt? Certificates of completion are tangible markers that a student or employee can proudly display to show his advancement, or that families can keep as mementos.
Using Certificates of Completion
If your company offers employee-training services, or requires employees to receive training, a training certificate given at course completion can help show the value the company gives the training. Perhaps your facility requires a certain number of people be CPR certified or have 30-hour OSHA training. Or, perhaps your company has a series of training courses needed before employees can advance. Having certificates of completion displayed on the walls of departments or offices can show your employees that you value not only their skills, but also the time they’ve spent in training.
Artistic, professional, and technical subjects are all excellent candidates for completion certificates.
Completion Certificates are often offered for:
- project management programs
- professional development courses
- advanced program training
- short term training
- various degree and certificate programs
Some more ideas for when to give certificates of completion include:
- Software Skills – Illustrate your students’ familiarity with various in-demand software programs. A course completion certificate allows you to show an individual has completed a course on any software you may wish to teach.
- Technical skills – Whether a new employee has learned how to drive a forklift in your warehouse, or a long-term employee has completed the last training he needs to become a supervisor, a certificate of training enables you to show your employees the value you give your own training.
- Business Entrepreneurship – Has a realtor in your office gotten their associate’s degree? Their bachelor’s? An MBA? While programs such as these offer their own diplomas, providing your employees with professional certificates to display in their office allows them to display that degree at home, and gives you the option of keeping the wall-ornaments in your workspace uniform.
- Artistic and Design Courses – As with industrial technologies, design and art in today’s world are very software driven. Giving certificates of completion to students or employees who have mastered new software can show everyone in your office that you value staying up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- Workplace Safety Programs – From basic eyewash stations to 48-hour OSHA training, workplaces have safety programs. Deciding which are worthy of a certificate of completion is important, but demonstrating that you take safety seriously is always a good idea.
To show your students and employees the value you place on their time and the training you give or require them to have, create tiers of completion when appropriate. Every student who completes a course should receive a certificate to remind themselves of, and show their peers, their achievement.
Has someone just completed the 10-hour OSHA training? Your company should recognize that with a certificate of completion to be displayed near their workstation. And, when they complete the 30-hour training, they should get another certificate to recognize that, as well.
Combining tiers of completion in this way helps create a merit-based system for improving both morale and the effectiveness of the courses you offer or require.
Free Certificate of Completion Templates
Creating a certificate of completion using an attractive, high quality template will help your program look professional. Our templates are fully customizable – you can easily add your company logo, the recipient’s name, the date, and other details. Browse our selection of free certificate templates to create your own personalized, printable certificate of project or training completion.
Course Completion Certificate
Generic Certificate of Competition
Project Completion Certificate
Work Completion Certificate Template
Blank Excellence Certificate Of Completion
Degree Completion Certificate
Elegant Training Completion Certificate
For best results, use heavy card stock. Showing your employees the value you place on your certificates is an important aspect of incorporating a training program into your company culture. And, for those students and families who will keep your certificate of completion as a memento, heavy card stock will better stand the test of time.