13 Free Resume Templates For High School Graduates and College Students
Fresh graduates often feel they have been trapped within a vicious circle. They can’t get a job without experience, and they can’t get any experience without a job. You are 19 and about to graduate high school and you haven’t had a time for a job until now. How do you write a job resume if had no previous job experience? It’s not as difficult as you might think.
The art of a high school graduate resume is to present yourself as a best candidate for position by emphasizing skills and knowledge you have developed throughout your studies, internships, volunteer or part-time work. Since you are applying for an entry-level position, a strong job history is not really expected from you. You will be one of many fresh graduates who too either have no work experience at all, or have some part-time work history that has nothing to do with position they are applying for.
Steps to create a successful resume
- Identify the skills and knowledge you have first.
- Think which of the skills could be most useful for the job you are applying for.
Here are just a few skills recruiters are often looking for:
- Positive attitude
- Good people and communication skills
- Independent and self-motivating
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good time management
- Technical skills
- Choose clean, well-organized resume template design.
- Replace sample text in a template with your own.
- Proofread again.
A few useful tips
- Keep your resume template short and simple – nobody wants to read pages of long boring information.
- Focus on relevant skills – two weekends of mowing your neighbour’s lawn are not worth mentioning if you applying for an accounting assistant.
- Avoid irrelevant information – your birthday, your parents, your favourite food are making your resume longer (read – more boring) without adding much benefit.
- Focus on the areas where you think you may have an edge over other candidates.
- Format for easy reading: most important information goes on top, least important on the bottom
- Don’t lie: the truth will come out sooner or later
Use Graduate Resume Templates below to create your own resume. Each resume comes with sample content; you can take it ‘as is’ or you can modify it the way you like. You should check even those templates that don’t have much to do with position you are applying for, because they can give you ideas on what to include and how to write things. Be sure to our High School Resume Templates and Professional job-specific samples.
See more free templates below. Can’t find what you are looking for? Send us a message and we will create one.
Resume for position of accounting assistant. Can also be modified for general office position (secretary, back office, customer service).
Another sample for different types of office jobs: administrative assistant, secretary, customer service, sales.
Book or retail store position
Resume for a job in a book store. Can be modified for position in any retail store.
Call Center and Customer Service
Resume sample for Customer Service representative, call center, helpdesk.
General Purpose Graduate Resume
Multi-purpose template with sample content.
Resume for position of a teaching assistant, tutor, scholar.
Resume Template for IT Graduate
Resume for someone with strong technical skills in IT, or for someone looking for career in IT sector.
Web Developer Freshman
Resume for a persone with web development skills, and knowledge of different web applications.
Freight Forwarding Agency
Resume for an application for an entry-level position at freight forwarding agency. Can be easily modified for other jobs in logistics.
Dentist assistant Entry Level
Resume sample for medical position for a recent graduate.
Recent college graduate resume sample
For a college graduate, it is understood that there is very little experience or none at all, so the format highlights education, skills, and training.
Dishwasher Resume Sample
Resume for someone with experience in maintaining cleanliness of food service areas and equipment.