Free Cleaning Flyers
Years ago, cleaning flyers were created from scratch. Now, you can make an attractive, attention-grabbing flyer quickly and efficiently using a template. Flyers are a simple and inexpensive way to effectively market your cleaning business. In our flyer design templates, the prep work is already done for you, leaving you more time to focus on your cleaning service.
Know Your Customers
To get the best results from your cleaning flyer marketing campaign, make sure you first know what motivates your potential customers.
Are they busy executives? Students? Managers? Single moms?
Why would they need your help? Is it because they don’t have time to clean? Maybe they don’t like cleaning, and can afford to hire help?
Knowing your target audience will help you choose the right flyer design and the right wording to get the most from your advertising.
For example, if you are targeting a conservative neighborhood with an older population, you may want to opt for a flyer with traditional fonts (New Century, Helvetica), and a straightforward design.
If your target is a college town, you may want to use colors and flashy typeface, or find a way to add humor in the text.
You can even try two different designs and see which flyer generates more leads.
Successful Cleaning Flyer Designs
Don’t assume that using a template will produce a boring flyer. A good template provides a basic format that can be changed to fit you and your target audience perfectly.
The variables go beyond just colors and fonts. You should also experiment with placement of text and images, to draw the reader’s eye to the most important element in your flyer. That element might be contact information, service description, or anything else, depending on your audience and your goals.
Regardless of the final design of your cleaning flyers, you will want to include the following:
- Headline: You only have a few seconds to get people’s attention. Make sure to sum up your flyer in one short phrase or sentence. The headline should give readers an idea of what your flyer is about.
- Name of business and contact info: This information doesn’t need to be the main focus of the flyer, but it’s important to list it clearly so potential clients know how to contact you.
- Cleaning service description: Clearly state what kind of cleaning services you provide. You have limited space and you don’t want to bore potential customers, so keep it short and to the point.
- Specifics: How is your cleaning business different from others? Why should they hire you? Maybe your specialty is cleaning small businesses, or cleaning using only all-natural products. Make yourself stand out from the cleaning industry competition.
- Call to action: Motivate potential clients to contact you as soon as possible. You can offer a coupon that is only valid for a certain time, or have a special offer for new customers.
Flyer Printing and Distribution
To save money, you can print your house cleaning flyers at home. However, professional flyer printing can give you a nicer-looking finished product.
In fact, unless you’re printing only a small number of copies, professional printing can be cheaper than using your home printer (since you will use a lot of expensive ink printing at home).
Once your flyers are printed, distribute them in the areas where you would like to provide services. Hang your cleaning flyers in local grocery stores, salons, laundromats, restaurants, or schools. Be sure to get permission from the businesses before putting up a flyer there.
You might even put your flyers on car windows at places your target audience is likely to visit, like the mall or grocery store. You can also mail out flyers, or go door-to-door in the neighborhood where you would like to work.
Download Free Cleaning Flyer Templates
We’ve designed these fourteen free cleaning flyer templates to help you with marketing your professional cleaning business.
Whether it is just starting or has been growing for a few years, free flyer templates are a great way to promote your business and acquire new customers.
You can use these layouts to generate leads, offer discounts, or advertise special deals. Our flyer templates are easy to make, cheap to produce, and highly effective for getting your message to potential clients.
Choose from our selection below, or create your own by using these flyer designs for inspiration. These printable flyers are completely customizable, so you can easily make them work for your cleaning business.
Image Credits and Cleaning Business Resources
Below, please find a few more useful resources for your cleaning business. Also, special thanks to the Flickr artists credited below for images we used in our free cleaning flyer templates.
- The 10 Best Podcasts & Resources for Cleaning Business Owners
- Resources for Cleaning Companies
- House Cleaning Estimate Calculator
- ARCSI: Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- ISSA: The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association
- Start a Cleaning Service Free advice on starting a house cleaning service.
- House Cleaning Checklist A checklist for cleaning homes.
- Giving Estimates How to give house cleaning estimates.