Free Cleaning Flyers
Know Your CustomersTo get the best results from your cleaning flyer marketing campaign, make sure you first know what motivates your potential customers. Are they busy executives? Students? Managers? Single moms? Why would they need your help? Is it because they don’t have time to clean? Maybe they don’t like cleaning, and can afford to hire help? Knowing your target audience will help you choose the right flyer design and the right wording to get the most from your advertising. For example, if you are targeting a conservative neighborhood with an older population, you may want to opt for a flyer with traditional fonts (New Century, Helvetica), and a straightforward design. If your target is a college town, you may want to use colors and flashy typeface, or find a way to add humor in the text. You can even try two different designs and see which flyer generates more leads.
Successful Cleaning Flyer DesignsDon’t assume that using a template will produce a boring flyer. A good template provides a basic format that can be changed to fit you and your target audience perfectly. The variables go beyond just colors and fonts. You should also experiment with placement of text and images, to draw the reader’s eye to the most important element in your flyer. That element might be contact information, service description, or anything else, depending on your audience and your goals. Regardless of the final design of your cleaning flyers, you will want to include the following:
- Headline: You only have a few seconds to get people’s attention. Make sure to sum up your flyer in one short phrase or sentence. The headline should give readers an idea of what your flyer is about.
- Name of business and contact info: This information doesn’t need to be the main focus of the flyer, but it’s important to list it clearly so potential clients know how to contact you.
- Cleaning service description: Clearly state what kind of cleaning services you provide. You have limited space and you don’t want to bore potential customers, so keep it short and to the point.
- Specifics: How is your cleaning business different from others? Why should they hire you? Maybe your specialty is cleaning small businesses, or cleaning using only all-natural products. Make yourself stand out from the cleaning industry competition.
- Call to action: Motivate potential clients to contact you as soon as possible. You can offer a coupon that is only valid for a certain time, or have a special offer for new customers.
Flyer Printing and DistributionTo save money, you can print your house cleaning flyers at home. However, professional flyer printing can give you a nicer-looking finished product. In fact, unless you’re printing only a small number of copies, professional printing can be cheaper than using your home printer (since you will use a lot of expensive ink printing at home). Once your flyers are printed, distribute them in the areas where you would like to provide services. Hang your cleaning flyers in local grocery stores, salons, laundromats, restaurants, or schools. Be sure to get permission from the businesses before putting up a flyer there. You might even put your flyers on car windows at places your target audience is likely to visit, like the mall or grocery store. You can also mail out flyers, or go door-to-door in the neighborhood where you would like to work.
Download Free Cleaning Flyer TemplatesWe’ve designed these fourteen free cleaning flyer templates to help you with marketing your professional cleaning business.
Flyer with coupons
Simple flyer with two coupons to cut out to get special discount.
Sparkling Clean Pop-Art Flyer
Bright design for companies that provide both commercial and residential services. Space for two images and description of different cleaning services provided.
Special Discount Offer Template
Template to promote special offer or discount. Top part of flyer describes the offer, bottom part can be used to describe cleaning services.
Simple Tear-Off "Clean Me" Flyer
Simple cleaning flyer template with ideal image for car wash service or general cleaning service, plus tear-off strips for business contact info.
Do You Need Help Flyer Design
Basic professional flyer design with text and image. Image can be changed to promote specific cleaning services such as a window cleaning business.
Free House Cleaning Template With Special Discount Offer
Attractive flyer template with text and graphic design to promote special offers for house cleaning, office cleaning, or other professional cleaning service.
Window Cleaning Service Flyer
Sample design for window cleaning company. Replace image with different picture to create a flyer for another cleaning service, such as office cleaning or car wash service.
Cleaning Services Flyer
Original flyer design with cartoon image of a maid dusting a text box. Design has special offer coupon and bullet list for cleaning service description.
Professional Services Flyer
Simple landscape flyer template without images. Professional graphic design with clean fonts, great for a conservative target market.
Let Us Do The Dirty Work
Attractive simple design with headline, list of cleaning services, and call to action. Features image on the left with text in right hand corner and contact info at the bottom.
Save Your Time Flyer
Simple flyer template with heading, image, list of cleaning services, and call to action. Entices potential customers to save time by hiring a professional cleaning service.
Do You Have Time Flyer
Designed to motivate potential clients to hire a cleaning service so they will not spend precious time on cleaning. Has image, heading, and call to action in an attractive, clean flyer template.
Let Us Do All The Dirty Work
Another flyer design with text and image to motivate potential customers to save time with a professional cleaning service. Has heading, description of services, and call to action.
ABC Flyer Design
Basic flyer template with place for logo, image, tagline, and contact details. Text and image geared toward parents of young children, as well as schools and daycares that may need a professional cleaning service.
Image Credits and Cleaning Business ResourcesBelow, please find a few more useful resources for your cleaning business. Also, special thanks to the Flickr artists credited below for images we used in our free cleaning flyer templates.Resources:
- The 10 Best Podcasts & Resources for Cleaning Business Owners
- Resources for Cleaning Companies
- House Cleaning Estimate Calculator
- ARCSI: Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- ISSA: The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association
- Start a Cleaning Service Free advice on starting a house cleaning service.
- House Cleaning Checklist A checklist for cleaning homes.
- Giving Estimates How to give house cleaning estimates.