Free Printable Party Invitation Templates
What to Include in Your Party InvitationThe look and feel of your invitation will depend on your party theme, but, according to Announcingit.com, all party invitations should state:
- Purpose – Make it clear to your guests what event the invitation is for. Are you hosting a pool party, or are you inviting your employees to a Christmas party? Whatever the event, use a large font and a contrasting color to the background so that it stands out on the invitation.
- Name of honoree and/or host – If you are creating an invitation on behalf of someone else, you may wish to include their name as the host. This may also be the case for a club party or corporate party invitation. If the party is for a specific person, e.g. you are inviting guests to a birthday party, make the honoree’s name pride of place on the invitation.
- Day, date and time – Why list the day and date? To provide clarity! Some people will remember that the party was on a certain Saturday. Others will remember it by the day of the month. It’s also a good idea to include the start and finish times so guests can make transportation arrangements and make plans for the rest of the day. As an example, you could write “Sunday, October 1, 2017, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.”
- Place – When sending out invitations, you want to provide the correct information to help guests find the event easily. Many cities have similar-sounding street names, such as Sycamore Road, Sycamore Avenue, Sycamore Court, etc. so it’s best to provide the full street address including city, state and ZIP Code. If the event location is potentially difficult to find, consider including the name and phone number of the venue. If your party is being held in two locations — perhaps you’re inviting family to the graduation ceremony at the college and back to the house for the celebration — make this clear on the invitation.
- RSVP – You want to know how many people will come to the party or event. And if you’ve hired a caterer, you may need to provide a final headcount several days before the event. In the invitation, let people know how they should respond, and by what date. The easiest and most common way to encourage responses is to request an RSVP, an acronym for the French phrase, Répondez, s’il vous plaît, which translates loosely as “Respond, please.” For example, at the end of your invitation, you might include, “RSVP to [contact name] at [phone number] by [date].”
- Dress code – If there is a specific dress code for your party, spell it out for your guests. Whether it be a black-tie corporate event or a princess-themed birthday party, giving instructions well in advance will ensure that guests are wearing the correct attire and that nobody is left out of the fun.
Sample WordingHere are some invitation wording ideas to suit various party themes:Generic party invitation: You’re invited! Please join us to help celebrate [event].Halloween party invitation: Come and join us if you dare. You’re invited to a Halloween scare!Retirement party invitation: We invite you to join in the celebration of [name]’s retirement after [number] years!Housewarming party invitation: The scenery has changed, and the address is new, but our door’s always open to family and friends like you. Please stop by and see our new home!Corporate party invitation: To express our sincere appreciation for all you do, you are cordially invited to a Client Appreciation Dinner. Please join us for dinner and drinks at [venue.]Block party invitation: Meet, greet and eat with neighbors at our first annual Summer Block Party.Summer party invitation: Come dressed in Hawaiian. The theme is set. We’re throwing a luau you’ll never forget.Birthday party invitation: We’re blowing up balloons and icing the cake! There’s a big birthday party that we hope you can make!Baby shower invitation: They’re expecting a baby, a new bundle of joy. A very special gift, be it a girl or a boy!Valentine party invitation: You and your valentine are lovingly invited to a Valentine’s Day Dinner Party.Going away party invitation: [Honoree’s name] is leaving to set sail on a new adventure. Come along and wish [him/her] well as [he/she] embarks on [his/her] journey.Pool party invitation: The sun is hot, but the water is cool. Join us for a summer party by the pool.1920s party invitation: [Honoree’s name] is turning 30! Let’s help [him/her] say goodbye to [his/her] roaring 20s. Costumes are a must!Graduation party invitation: Graduating Class of [year]. Please come and celebrate with us at a graduation dinner for [honoree’s name.]Bridal shower invitation: Let’s wrap up our best wishes and shower the bride with love! We’re throwing a Bridal Shower for [honoree’s name.]Bachelor party invitation: [Honoree’s name] is tying the knot! Join us for one last evening of fun.Vintage tea party invitation: You are cordially invited to attend a ladies’ afternoon tea. Tea hats and pearls encouraged.Garden party invitation: The table is set and the garden is ready! Please join us for our first annual Garden Party.Christmas party invitation: Christmas comes but once a year; let’s get together for some holiday cheer! You and a guest are cordially invited to our Annual Christmas Party.Jewelry party invitation: Every girl needs some bling! Join us for cocktails and sparkle at our girls night in hosted by [host’s name.]Video game party invitation: Game on! It’s time to take fun to the next level for [honoree’s name]’s birthday. Learn also how to customize your cover letter. For more ideas, Invitation Consultants have hundreds of invitation wording samples for almost any party or event you can think of!
Free ExamplesPressed for time to create an invitation? Not sure how to design a party invitation? Download one of our free party invitation templates, all professionally designed in Word. Whether the invitation is for an informal event such as a barbecue or pool party, or a more formal gathering like a baby shower or wedding, our templates make it easy to create eye-catching invitations without the need to spend hours crafting them. Because the templates are formatted for you, you won’t have to figure out where to place the personalized information or graphics, or which font would work best. The entire process is streamlined to save you time, while still giving you the creativity to make your invitations feel personal. Simply select the template you want and customize the key elements.Templates below are generic and can be customized to suit most events. For more specific examples, check out our Christmas Party Invitations, Kids Party Invitations and Birthday Party Invitations.
FormalWhen hosting high-end events, company customers and important guests are often invited. Choose formal language, such as:
- You are cordially invited to attend [event name.]
- We request the honor of your presence at [event name.]
- The pleasure of your company is requested to celebrate the holiday season.
- Annual ball
- Rehearsal dinner
- Cocktail party
Business After Hours Cocktail Party Invitation
Invite colleagues, employees, well-wishers and partners to a Cocktail Party or another business event with this free printable invitation template.
Eat Drink and be Merry
This free invitation is designed using different text sizes and colors. Easy to edit, easy to print.
Holiday Celebration Simple Corporate invitation
An elegant, formal invitation to invite partners or associates to a Holiday Celebration
Holyday Extravaganza Invitation
Invite your clients, colleagues, associates with this red invitation card. Created with Word shapes and fully editable (no images).
Executive Club Meeting
Abstract design with blue background and large message box for invitation text.
Joy of the season party Invititon
Dark elegant design that will be perfect for any event with performance.
Spring and Flowers theme
Garden party invitation design with subtle colours and an image of flowers.
Colorful Squares blue design
Game-like theme that can be used for different occasions.
Yellow background with snowflakes
The yellow backdrop presents a creative design for a creative party! This email-style Christmas party invitation is great for an office Christmas party.
CasualCasual, or informal events, can be anything from an internal event at a small company to a party for friends and family. There is no need to use sophisticated-sounding words here; opt for short and simple text instead:
- You’re invited to an [event type] for family and friends.
- Come and celebrate with us! We’re hosting a [party type]. We hope you’ll join us!
- Please join us for an evening of drinks and dancing.
- Pool party
- Kids birthday party
- Housewarming party
- Baby shower
Red Floral header template
Another floral design with red color theme and flower heading.
Brown grunge sample
Grunge design that can be used for an invitation, flyer, notice, memo, or other purpose.
Peace Love and Cocktails Party Invitation
Design for season celebration party, company barbecue, or business lunch / dinner event.
Festival Dinner Invitation
Flowers, butterflies, ribbons, stars, balloons, and ornaments: creative cheerful party design.
Vintage Holiday Party Invitation
Multi-purpose office event invitation.
Floral Background simple party invitation
Simple floral design with two text boxes.
Floral header template
Simple design with floral pattern background, the word “Invitation”, the invitation details (fields “to”, “cc”, “from”, “date”, “regarding”), and the card message. You can remove some fields to make the template less formal.
Green floral design
Invitation card template with green floral design, an abstract theme with beautiful swirls and butterflies.
Simple green template with a copy space for your text. Use this template to invite people to a garden party, spring party, or a barbecue.
Simple invite design
Very simple invitation that can be used for pretty much any occasion. Change text, add your own image.
CorporateYou may be hosting an internal company celebration or inviting clients to your corporate event. Either way, the language used in your invitation doesn’t need to be overly formal, but it should not be casual either. Set a professional tone by choosing the same language that is used for inter-office communication. Here are some wording ideas for holiday-season corporate events:
- You’re invited to an evening of laughter and good cheer at the office holiday party!
- It’s that time of year again! [Company] invites you to the annual office Christmas party.
- To celebrate another great year, please join us for dinner, drinks and holiday cheer.
- Office party
- Golf tournament
- Grand opening
- Client appreciation dinner
Neutral Corporate Party invitation
Neutral and elegant corporate style theme. Replace theme image with your own to create unique design.
Large Title office Party Inviate
Simple text-only invitation with checker border. Soft pastel should be changed to something more attention-getting and catchy if used to draw attention.
Office party invitation
Simple yet effective office party invitation. Communicate the time, venue, location, and payment per head. If the party has no entrance fee you can remove this part from the template.
It's a party
Another basic sample that will work for just about any occasion. This design is 5.5' x 5.5' so get your scissors ready if you are printing on a home printer.
Club party invite design
Generic red theme that can be used for different types of invitations.
Who When Where design sample
Party invitation for any occasion with colourful design. Three squares to give information about host, time and date, and location of the venue.
Multi-purpose invitation template
General invitation template that can be used for different occasions: birthday party, dinner, celebration, garden party, etc.