Free Downloadable Construction Resume Templates and Expert Writing Tips
- Featured In:
Table of Contents
Here are more resources that can help you
The construction industry is an important sector because it makes significant contributions to the growth and development of a country. It provides the required infrastructure for productive ventures, shelter for the citizens and generates employment for people. With your expertise and our career-specific resume templates, you can create a resume that stands out from the crowd.
Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Construction Jobs
BlocksThis resume template allows you to provide an equal view of your work history and skills with the help of distinct blocks for each section. All you have to do is download this resume to your preferred word processing software, format its sections as needed and add your details.
Classic-PlainThis resume provides the perfect balance of simplicity and neatness to communicate your skills, experience and accomplishments for your desired position.
ConcreteThe two-tone resume template is a great way to convey your expertise in the construction industry, with the layered design adding extra dimension to your resume. Write an impressive professional summary, work history, skills and other details to leave a lasting impression on employers.
ContractorThis elegant resume template is ideal for candidates with an extensive career and an impressive academic background. Download this resume template to your word processor and include all your best and relevant accomplishments in the construction industry.
Lists of ExpertiseThis organized resume template is excellent for candidates who wish to focus on their extensive skill set. The segregated sections allow the hiring managers to go through your details effortlessly.
NascentThis elegant and organized resume template uses grids to separate professional summary, work history, skills and education sections. The design can help candidates keep their resume content brief, by focusing on only the necessary details.
What Can You Earn as a Construction Professional?
Once you decide on the profession of your choice, you should look into its prospects and salary structure. As a construction professional, your earnings will depend on your expertise level, skills and industry.
According to a report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment rate in the construction industry is predicted to grow 11% by 2030. We have listed a few industries with their respective median annual wages from May 2020.
Top Construction Skills for Your Resume
The skills section on your resume holds great importance. Through skills, you can concisely communicate your abilities, competency, knowledge and qualifications. To enhance your skills section, add soft, hard and technical skills across the following areas of your resume:
- Professional Summary: Summarize two skills in your professional summary section supported by tasks. In construction, you can add planning and assigning work or supervising projects. Remember to keep your professional summary brief and within two to three sentences.
- Skills Section: This is where most of your key skills will be highlighted. For instance, as a building inspector, you can add skills like “attention to detail,” “taking preventive measures” or “diagnosing problems.” Mention six to eight relevant skills according to your desired role.
- Work History: If you are a seasoned professional with several years of experience, you must have acquired various skills through tasks and responsibilities. Refer to your planning and scheduling skills as a construction foreman by mentioning the number of workers you supervised or how many schedules you planned. Ensure to add skills that aren’t included in the summary or skills section to avoid repetition.
Let us take a look at soft, hard and technical skills you can add to your construction resume to up your game.
Soft skills are interpersonal skills that are quite essential while working in a team or maintaining excellent working relationships. A few soft skills for construction professionals are:
- 1. Verbal communication
- 2. Problem-solving
- 3. Critical thinking
- 4. Conflict management
- 5. Perseverance
- 6. Ability to build trust
- 7. Organization
- 8. Adaptability
- 9. Ability to manage people
- 10. Time management
Hard skills are occupational skills required to complete a task effectively. These are job-specific and are honed with experience and training. Some hard skills that we recommend to construction professionals are:
- 1. Hand-eye coordination
- 2. Physical strength
- 3. Knowledge of engineering and construction
- 4. Surveying
- 5. Knowledge of building materials
- 6. Basic mathematical skills
- 7. Customer service
- 8. Project management
- 9. Budgeting
Technical skills refer to your knowledge of digital tools and software that can increase productivity at work. A few recommended technical skills are:
- 1. Construction management software
- 2. Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- 3. Augmented Reality (AR)
- 4. Accounting applications
- 5. Field service management
- 6. Project management software
Best 5 Certifications for Your Construction Resume
Besides skills and work experience, acquiring relevant certifications can enhance your potential and credibility for your desired position. Consider acquiring the following certifications if you are a construction professional.
- Aerial Lift Training
- Crane Operation Certification
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certification
- OSHA Training
What are the top three skills of a construction professional?
There are various positions in the construction profession and each demands a set of specific skills. However, the top three skills that we recommend every construction professional to include on their resume are:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye coordination
What do construction professionals mention under a summary statement?
If you want your summary statement or professional summary to stand out, please follow the tips below:
- Include up to two key skills that match the job requirements.
- Support those skills with work experience and achievements.
- Mention any important certifications you have acquired in your position.
What are examples of construction duties?
The duties of a construction professional will depend on their position and level. However, there are specific responsibilities common across various construction positions. A few of those duties are:
- Preparing and managing construction sites
- Planning and organizing schedules
- Quality checking of building materials
- Maintaining safety guidelines
Rate our Templates