Free Downloadable Culinary Resume Templates and Expert Writing Tips
- Featured In:
Table of Contents
Here are more resources that can help you
A culinary professionals’ resume must reflect an inherent curiosity in food, cooking and determination to reach perfection in the art. Our expert resume writers crafted this detailed guide and partnered it with culinary resume examples and free resume templates to help guide you to your next job.
Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Culinary Jobs
Positive ShowingThis culinary resume is perfect for professionals who want to showcase their skills and professional achievements. This classic resume has dedicated sections for professional summary, skills and work experience, and it is easy to download and personalize to showcase your expertise.
ReadyThis minimalistic resume is ideal if you want to highlight your skills and work experience in the culinary industry, along with relevant educational qualifications. It offers the employers a thorough overview of you as a potential employee. You can easily download this resume and personalize it according to your needs on your word processor of choice.
SeasonedThis resume is as organized as you need to be, as a seasoned culinary professional. This free template helps you to accentuate your potential with boldened and designated sections. Download this resume and edit it to reflect your accomplishments and career, if you want to stand out.
Self AssessmentYou can easily rank your skills in terms of expertise level with this elegant resume with a balanced focus on soft, hard and technical skills. You can also add a professional photo on your resume if your region, such as Spain or India, requires one. Download and customize your resume in no time!
Show TellIf you are a culinary professional with several years of experience and wanting to showcase your extensive work history, this resume is perfect for you. This culinary resume template has the ideal balance of distinct sections and minimal design with a splash of color for you to stand out in your next job application.
SkilledCurate each of your work experiences and relevant skills for your next culinary job application with this elegant resume that lets you summarize and list your skills in a bulleted format, making it concise and appropriate to highlight your expertise.
What Can You Earn as a Culinary Professional?
If you aspire to make a mark in the culinary industry or are already pursuing your dream, you should know how much you can earn in each culinary position. Various positions are available that demand different sets of expertise and experience, depending on which your salary will be determined.
The median hourly wage for common culinary positions, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, include:
The Bureau of Labor Statistics also provided the median hourly wage for cooks in May 2020 based on industries:
Top Culinary Skills for Your Resume
If you want to stand out as a culinary professional, you need to have a diverse set of relevant skills. You can list your skills in the dedicated skills section on your resume and distribute additional skills and achievements throughout different sections, like in the professional summary and work history.
- Professional Summary: Your professional summary should be brief and compact with two to three relevant skills. This is a section where you can grab the attention of the hiring managers by communicating your skills and achievements, such as your strong knowledge of food safety, excellent customer service or your swiftness at work. Focus on skills highlighted in a job advertisement.
- Skills Section: This section can list six to eight of your relevant skills. We recommend providing a good set of soft,hard and technical skills to leave a good impression on the employers. You can add a few essential skills, like kitchen operation and management, menu planning and stress management.
- Work History: Under the work history section, write in detail about your work experience supported by tasks, responsibilities and quantifiable achievements. If you are a sous chef, you may reflect your creativity and attention to detail by mentioning that you prepared more than 10 dishes with unique plating techniques.
If you want to create a resume that attracts potential employers, we recommend you to go through the list of skills essential in the culinary industry.
Soft skills are in demand in every profession. Also called core skills, these are related to your personality, behavior, attitude and mindset around people. Here is a list of soft skills expected on a culinary resume:
- 1. Attention to detail
- 2. Accept criticism
- 3. Conflict resolution
- 4. Stress management
- 5. Taking sound decisions in complex situations
- 6. Creativity
- 7. Organizational skills
- 8. Open to new challenges
- 9. Cleanliness
- 10. Desire for excellence
Hard skills are job-related capabilities. These skills are expected from an individual to complete specific kinds of work. Here is a list of hard skills essential for a culinary professional:
- 1. Kitchen management and operation
- 2. Staff coordination
- 3. Inventory management
- 4. Menu planning
- 5. Knowledge of different cuisines
- 6. Food preparation
- 7. Food quality and cost control
- 8. Training employees
- 9. Great hand to eye coordination
- 10. Quality recruitment
Technical skills are specialized expertise implemented into your daily tasks for a smooth operation. We have provided a list of technical skills that a culinary resume can feature:
- 1. Modern oven technology
- 2. Temperature sensor
- 3. Digital inventory management
- 4. Electronic purchasing tool
- 5. Digital schedule management
- 6. Digital table management system
Best 5 Certifications for Your Culinary Resume
Every professional needs to seek ways and opportunities to grow professionally irrespective of their position. There is no limit to acquiring new skills and knowledge and one of the great ways to do so is through specialized certificate courses. Our culinary resume examples feature various certifications but here’s a curated list of five courses that you can complete to elevate your application.
- Diploma in Culinary Management
- Diploma in Gastronomy, Nutrition and Food Trends
- Certificate in Commercial Cookery
- Masters of Wine
- Basics of French Pastry
What are the top 3 skills of a Culinary professional?
We recommend that you feature these top three skills that every culinary professional should highlight on their resume:
- Kitchen management skills
- Food preparation skills
- Recipe and menu planning
What do culinary professionals mention under a summary statement?
A summary statement at the top of your resume communicates your professional experience and a couple of important skills and achievements in brief. Here are three recommendations that you can implement into your summary statement:
- Ensure that you provide relevant qualifications and keywords mentioned in the job description.
- Highlight up to two skills essential to the position you are applying for.
- Include experiences with quantifiable metrics.
What are the examples of culinary duties?
If you are not sure of the duties of a culinary professional, check the list of a few responsibilities that culinary professionals need to fulfill:
- Managing the kitchen and equipment
- Ordering kitchen supplies and maintaining inventory
- Inspect food quality and taste
- Lead and manage staff
- Ideating recipes and menu planning
Rate our Templates