Free Downloadable Data and Systems Administration Resume Templates and Expert Writing Tips
- Featured In:
Table of Contents
- Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Data and Systems Administration Jobs
- 9 Data and Systems Administration Resume Examples
- What Can You Earn as a Data and Systems Administration Professional?
- Top Data and Systems Administration Skills for Your Resume
- Best 5 Certifications for Your Data and Systems Administration Resume
- Improve Your Writing Speed With a Resume Builder
Here are more resources that can help you
Data and system administration professionals focus on designing, programming and maintaining computer databases to make accurate information accessible for an organization while ensuring its proper functioning. They must also plan and design the database and troubleshoot any issues users may encounter. With our career-specific resume examples, customizable templates and a list of job-relevant skills, you can showcase your skills and competence in the field through your resume.
Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Data and Systems Administration Jobs
Spotlight On AchievementThis neat and organized data and system administration resume is easy to download and edit using any word processing software. Remodel and reformat the sections following your job-seeking needs and add your personal and professional accomplishments.
MultitaskingThis blue and white resume from our free DIY downloadable library is perfect for any position in the data and systems administration field. The creative design divided into columns gives ample space to focus on your skills and job histories. You can save this resume to your preferred word processor and edit it with your information.
FoundationProfessionals with several years' experience in data and systems administration can use this standardized, chronological resume to their advantage. It is designed so that a candidate's work experience can take center stage.
BreezyWith this simple and polished chronological resume, you'll be able to list previous work experiences and responsibilities concisely. Thanks to the elegant design, a hiring manager can easily skim your career timeline.
BlocksIf you are looking to emphasize both your skills and experience in data and systems administration, this well-structured combination resume with block formatting to differentiate each section is perfect for you.
Career DiagramAdd a dash of color to your data and systems administration resume with this creative template. A color-coded resume with multiple design elements makes each section appealing and interesting.
What Can You Earn as a Data and Systems Administration Professional?
There is a wide variety of jobs available in data and system administration. When you are looking for a position in this field, make sure to research exactly how much you can earn in your occupation. Keep in mind that earnings may vary based on your position, location and employer.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Payscale.com, these are average national wages for the following data and systems administration roles:
Top Data and Systems Administration Skills for Your Resume
Skills are an indispensable part of your resume. Besides your experience and academic qualifications, relevant, job-related skills help recruiters determine your expertise and knowledge in the field. These are some of the sections of your resume where you can highlight your soft, hard and technical skills:
- Professional Summary: In this brief, introductory paragraph about yourself, you could highlight two to three of your skills. For instance, a network engineer can mention “adept at installing and configuring network gear and creating firewalls to protect the systems.”
- Skills Section: In this section you can add up to eight job-relevant skills in a bulleted list. For example, a network engineer can possess job-relevant skills such as firewall and security expertise, networking design, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Work History: Elaborate on your work experience using one skill per entry or sentence. You can mention how your skills helped you carry out tasks. A Salesforce administrator, for instance, might state, "proactively resolved crucial database issues using critical thinking skills."
We compiled a list of skills required in the data and system administration field to help you create your resume effortlessly and efficiently.
Soft skills refer to your approach to work and how you interact with your colleagues. In the field of data and system administration, you can emphasize these soft skills:
- 1. Excellent communication
- 2. Time management
- 3. Resourcefulness
- 4. Interpersonal skills
- 5. Attention to detail
- 6. Strategic planning
- 7. Problem-solving
- 8. Critical thinking
- 9. Analytical
- 10. Organization and prioritization
Hard skills are acquired through training, education and experience. These are industry-specific skills that enable one to carry out job-related tasks and duties. These skills might strengthen your data and system administration resume:
- 1. Automation and scripting
- 2. Networking
- 3. Security and monitoring
- 4. Programming languages
- 5. Hardware management
- 6. Data visualization
- 7. Research and analysis
- 8. Machine learning
- 9. Data backup and recovery
- 10. Desktop operating systems
Technical skills are specialized abilities or knowledge used to perform practical tasks. They also refer to your proficiency with technological tools and software necessary to perform your job duties. Here are some technical skills you may have:
- 1. Knowledge in SQL, MySQL, SAP or Oracle
- 3. Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- 4. Email platforms like Outlook and Gmail
- 5. IT knowledge
- 6. Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Best 5 Certifications for Your Data and Systems Administration Resume
On-the-job training and experience provide a candidate with a large amount of knowledge about the role and field, but taking a couple of additional courses will also strengthen your resume. Here are some courses that you can take for data and system administration:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Red Hat: RHCSA and RHCE
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI): LPIC System Administrator
- Network 5 Certification
- IT Information Library Foundations Certification (ITIL)
What are the top 3 skills for data and systems administration?
Depending on the position you are applying for, your skills may vary. Data and Systems administration professionals, however, should feature the following three skills on their resumes:
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Scripting languages
How do you write a summary statement for a Data and Systems Administration position?
Your summary statement is your opening statement. It should convey to your recruiters your skills, experience and expertise. A good summary statement highlights these key elements in three to four sentences:
- Your experience
- Professional skills or abilities
- Awards and accomplishments you have achieved in your field
What are examples of data and systems administration duties?
If you are considering a career in data and system administration, you will be asked to undertake these daily responsibilities:
- Installing and maintaining computers and servers.
- Configuring and upgrading software and hardware.
- Creating and managing system permissions and user accounts.
- Scripting or light coding.
- Project management.
- Establishing and maintaining networks and network file systems.
Rate our Templates