Free Downloadable Entertainment Resume Templates and Expert Writing Tips
- Featured In:
Table of Contents
- Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Entertainment Jobs
- 9 Entertainment Resume Examples
- What Can You Earn as an Entertainment Professional?
- Top Entertainment Skills for Your Resume
- Best 5 Certifications for Your Entertainment Resume
- Improve Your Writing Speed With a Resume Builder
- Entertainment FAQ
Here are more resources that can help you
The entertainment industry is huge, and there’s a myriad of roles available for creative and skilled professionals looking to explore their craft. Whether you’re an actor, cinematographer, costume designer or a DJ, we can help you highlight your most outstanding skills and talents with our resume examples and downloadable templates.
Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Entertainment Jobs
TestimonialsThis systematically organized resume highlights your professional summary and best skills, and is easy to download to your word processing program. Reformat the sections as needed, add your personal and professional accomplishments, and customize them to suit your job-seeking needs.
StreamlinedThis detailed resume from our downloadable library is perfect for any role in the entertainment sector. Its straightforward design gives it a neat appearance and is ideal for professionals with experience. You can download this resume and customize it as per your requirements.
SproutingWith this clean and detailed resume template from our free, DIY downloadable library, you can confidently apply for any role in the entertainment industry. With its simple design and clear layout, this template exudes professionalism and tidiness. You can download this resume and edit it to fit your needs.
Skills HighlightThis comprehensive resume template from our free, DIY downloadable library is ideal for highlighting your top skills and experiences. Its attractive format and unique presentation featuring your top skills make it excellent for applying to any role in the entertainment industry. You can download this resume and customize it to suit your needs.
Europass CVDownload and edit this simplistic and detailed CV template from our DIY downloadable library. This engaging template provides ample space to delve deeply into your profile, which can enhance your chances of landing your dream job in the entertainment industry.
What Can You Earn as an Entertainment Professional?
The income potential of a successful entertainment career has likely crossed your mind if you are considering this sector for your career goals. The amount of money you can make in the entertainment industry depends on several factors, such as the type of role, subdivision and specialization you choose.
These are the average national wages for the following entertainment industry branches based on the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and PayScale.
Top Entertainment Skills for Your Resume
When it comes to standing out as the best candidate, displaying your top skills on your resume plays a considerable role. Therefore, it is essential to include relevant skills throughout various sections of your resume. List hard, soft and technical skills as follows:
- Professional Summary: Include at least one or two of your most vital and relevant skills in the professional summary section — preferably the ones most mentioned in the job ad. An actor might include acting skills such as method acting in this section, while a costume designer could include creative skills such as out-of-the-box thinking, problem-solving and visual arts.
- Skills Section: This section allows you to focus on the skills you have acquired over the years. Include at least six to eight key skills in a bulleted list. Ensure they’re relevant to the position you are applying for by double-checking they’re in the job posting. A video producer could, for example, list skills like video editing, video creation, studio production, program direction and more in this segment.
- Work History: You should emphasize your accomplishments and skills while describing your employment history. Include skills that helped you complete your job tasks when describing your previous work experiences. For example, a DJ's ability to operate the soundboard allows him to shuffle music to suit the demands of his audience.
The following list of skills will assist you in building an impactful resume for the entertainment industry.
Soft skills, also called interpersonal or noncognitive skills, are essentially nontechnical abilities that determine how you approach relating with others at work. This includes your ability to interact with colleagues, solve problems, and manage your time and workload. For the entertainment industry, having these soft skills on your resume can help you shine:
- 1. Strong communication skills
- 2. Time management
- 3. Schedule management
- 4. Good listening skills
- 5. Creativity
- 6. Conflict management
- 7. Strategic planning
- 8. Expressive attitude
- 9. Strong work ethic
- 10. Detail-oriented
The term hard skill refers to specific abilities that a candidate must possess to perform a particular job. These are skills that are learned through on-the-job training or education. Here’s some hard skills that can give you an upstart in the entertainment sector:
- 1. Crew management
- 2. File management and organization
- 3. Video editing
- 4. Lighting knowledge
- 5. Production
- 6. Fashion and costume design
- 7. Acting
- 8. Presentation skills
- 9. Hand-eye coordination
- 10. Excellent research skills
Technical skills are the specialized abilities and expertise needed to use certain technological tools like a sewing machine, lighting equipment and more. The following are a few examples:
- Video editing software like Premiere Pro, After Effects and DaVinci Resolve
- Camera lenses like a 50 mm prime lens, wide-angle optic and macro lens
- Costume design software like CLO 3D, Tailor Nova and TUKA
Best 5 Certifications for Your Entertainment Resume
In today’s world, the more you learn, the better. Continue to learn and gain more relevant skills to add additional certifications to your resume that may increase your chances of landing your dream job. The below-listed courses can give your resume the necessary boost:
- Learn Method Acting, Characterization & Monologue Mastery
- Acting Certificate
- Music Production & DJ Diploma
- Certificate of Completion in Costume Design and Production
- Video Production Certificate
What are the top 3 skills of an entertainment professional?
Although each candidate's skills in the entertainment industry vary by role, anyone looking to make a career in the sector must possess and include the following on their resume:
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management
- Strong work ethic
What do entertainment professionals mention under a summary statement?
Your professional summary statement must incorporate a brief description of your work experience along with one or two skills that are relevant to the role you are applying for. To get considered for an interview, you can follow these steps to identify the best information to include in your professional summary that’ll give you an advantage over other candidates:
- Determine the employer's immediate hiring need.
- Identify a skill or aptitude you are great at that meets that immediate hiring need; meaning, address how you can fulfill the job's requirements.
- Provide a real-life example of when you’ve put your skills to use and illustrate how you can do the same in the new job.
What are examples of duties of entertainment professionals?
You're probably curious about your daily responsibilities if you're considering a career in the entertainment industry. Though most entertainment industry occupations are different from one another, here are a few examples of what duties entertainment professionals perform:
- Actor: Use body movements, gestures and speech to enact scenes as per the script requirements.
- DJ: Play appropriate music on the dance floor to keep the audience entertained.
- Costume designer: Understand the costume requirements, study the script, collaborate with the director and the production team to discuss ideas, and create costumes from inception to final product.
- Video producer: Record and edit videos, add titles and subtitles, manage media, archive project media, and manage project files.
Rate our Templates