Free Downloadable Information Technology Resume Templates and Expert Writing Tips
- Featured In:
Table of Contents
- Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Information Technology Jobs
- 9 Information Technology Resume Examples
- What Can You Earn as an Information Technology Professional?
- Top Information Technology Skills for Your Resume
- Best 5 Certifications for Your Information Technology Resume
- Improve Your Writing Speed With a Resume Builder
Here are more resources that can help you
Have you found the perfect information technology role but are unsure about how to prove your expertise to the recruiters? To gain a position in any field, it is imperative to write a great resume. We will guide you through the process with resume examples, templates, suggested skills and other valuable tips.
Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Information Technology Jobs
Call outMake a lasting impression with this resume template that boldly draws attention to your name and job title. With the resume sections neatly aligned to the left, divided by dotted lines and highlighted with yellow, it’s easy for recruiters to read through your qualifications without sacrificing design.
Clean columnsIf a bold design is not what you’re after, this resume template is for you. Featuring a subtle shift in shade of color for each section, the focus of this resume is solely on the information contained in it.
Corporate linesShow your colorful personality without sacrificing functionality with this resume template. Blue and orange details throughout the document adds a pleasing visual element to your data, while the neatly organized sections make it easy to read through your qualifications.
Keep it simpleThis resume template is neatly organized with blue lines dividing each section. Download this design to keep the recruiter’s attention on your details without sacrificing the use of color.
Plain dividerShow your organizational skills with this resume template. With a line running down the document to divide your section titles from the actual content, this design is simple, visually appealing and neatly organized.
Simple underlineThis simple design uses bold font and blue lines to cleanly separate each resume section, making it a readable yet colorful resume. Download this template to showcase your straightforward and professional nature, without having to leave out a subtle pop of color.
What Can You Earn as an Information Technology Professional?
Thorough research is needed before entering any industry or job. How much you may make in a specific job is one of the most significant issues to research, which can be determined by your position, experience, skills and the company you work for.
Here is the median pay for IT professionals, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistics report, 2020.
Top Information Technology Skills for Your Resume
Skills are required to complete tasks and to showcase what you can accomplish. Adding a balanced mix of soft, hard and technical skills will assist you in positioning yourself as a promising candidate. The three sections in your resume where you elaborate on your skills are:
- Professional Summary: Employers may spend more time reading your professional summary than the rest of the resume. Make it more impressive by including two to three important skills supported by tasks or responsibilities. If you are a scrum master, for example, you can list skills like analytical approach, efficient production and directing operations.
- Skills Section: You can include six to eight soft, hard and technical skills as a bulleted list in the skills section. Budgeting, scheduling and risk assessment are just a few of the needed skills for a technical project manager, for instance.
- Work History: You can also add a few skills in the work history section by describing duties, responsibilities or accomplishments. For example, focus on your leadership skills by stating, “led a team of 11 IT professionals.”
Skills needed in the information technology industry will vary depending on jobs or experience, but any IT professional should have these few soft, hard and technical skills.
Soft skills are natural attributes that help you be more productive at work. Soft skills are required for IT professionals to work smoothly in a collaborative environment. Here are a few skills you can add as soft skills:
- 1. Mentorship skills
- 2. Attention to detail
- 3. Stress management skills
- 4. Good organization skills
- 5. Decision-making skills
- 6. Excellent communication skills
- 7. Problem-solving skills
- 8. Great time management skills
- 9. Teamwork and collaboration
- 10. Adaptability
Hard skills are job-specific abilities. When combined with soft skills, these abilities enable a professional to complete duties and responsibilities effectively. A few hard skills that IT professionals should possess are:
- 1. Cloud management
- 2. Agile development
- 3. Database administration
- 4. Budgeting
- 5. Risk management
- 6. Front end development
- 7. Technical support
- 8. Performance optimization
- 9. Customer service
- 10. Reducing impediments
Technical skills refer to your mastery of digital tools and software that can speed up and improve your productivity. We recommend the following technical skills:
- Project management software like Jira, Asana and Monday
- Business communication applications like Teams, Slack and Zoom
- Database management like Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server and SAP Sybase ASE
- Operating systems like Windows and Linux
- Programming languages like Python, C++ and SQL
Best 5 Certifications for Your Information Technology Resume
Studying and enrolling in specific information technology courses can help you get specialized roles. These additional courses can be listed under your custom section.
- Linux System Administrator
- PMI professional in Business Analysis
- IT Project Management Certification
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Certified Data Professional
What are the top three skills of an information technology professional?
IT professionals have to fulfill a wide range of tasks that require particular knowledge and skills. The following are the top three skills we recommend adding to your IT resume:
- Cloud computing
- Data analysis
- Research skills
What do information technology professionals mention under a summary statement?
As an IT professional, you should include two skills in the summary statement coupled with experience and accomplishments in the field to generate a compelling opening statement.
- Give one or two examples of responsibilities you've fulfilled to provide employers a clear picture of the kind of duties you can perform.
- Support your duties with two to three skills and ensure to add quantifiable achievements.
- Concentrate on the job requirements and demonstrate why you are the best candidate for the job.
What are examples of IT duties?
There are several duties and responsibilities that IT professionals need to achieve. Here are a few duties for all IT positions:
- Configuring software systems, hardware, network and more
- Monitoring and tracking computer systems
- Mentoring junior or entry-level IT professionals
- Performing web development tasks
- Strategic planning to reduce risks and remove network hindrances
- Keeping track of projects and progress
Rate our Templates