3 Easy Steps To Create A Cover Letter
Customers Love Our Cover Letter Generator
The Benefits of Hloom’s Cover Letter Generator
Forget all the time you will spend coming up with a cover letter, picking a format or choosing a structure. With Hloom, you can get your cover letter in minutes, which gives you more time to apply for jobs.
Templates for any job:
With such a wide range of templates, you can be sure to tailor your cover letter to specific jobs and have a greater impact on the reader.
Easy prompts to specify details:
Don’t know what to write? No problem! Our generator prompts will help you write a cover letter that’s both informative and engaging.
Build a cover letter and resume together:
If you need a cover letter, there’s a good chance you need a resume. Hloom provides all the resources you need in one place to create both a resume and a cover letter.
Save Time –– Start your Cover Letter
Dive straight into your job search with a ready-to-go cover letter in minutes using our cover letter generator. Use our pre-built cover letter to shave hours off meticulous formatting and story-telling plans.
Cover Letter Generator FAQ
Yes, AI generators are great to help you create an excellent cover letter. They save you valuable time and provide you with resources you might otherwise lack.
Our free cover letter builder is the best in the industry. You can find all of the following features:
- Choose from dozens of customizable templates.
- Save time with our automated process.
- Customize pre-written paragraphs.
- Suggested paragraphs for career gaps or layoffs.
With our cover letter creator, you can be sure that you have the tools you need to create the best job application possible.
A cover letter is a one-page document provided alongside a resume that further discusses your qualifications and interest in a job position. Most cover letters focus on two to three skills or experiences discussed in two to three paragraphs.
Your cover letter is your chance to make an impact through your presentation of information. That is why it is very important to make sure your cover letter is at its best. It needs to both engage the reader and show that you are the right fit for the job. Our cover letter builder is specifically designed to keep this in mind.
Yes, including a cover letter is a crucial component of a successful application. Even if it is not required, your cover letter shows that you are a serious candidate.
Additionally, it provides you the chance to highlight your qualifications in a more engaging manner. With our cover letter generator, customizable templates and prompts help you in this process. A cover letter is a chance to make yourself truly unique, so don’t pass up on the opportunity to stand out!
A cover letter should be between 250 and 400 words, which is about one half to a full page length. This is because recruiters and hiring managers will not spend a lot of time reading your cover letter.
Such an unfortunate truth means that you need to be selective about what you discuss and mindful of your presentation. Your cover letter needs to be easy to read. Your structure must flow logically while providing qualifications that are both relevant and interesting.
The template and format of your cover letter should also keep in mind how they can help direct the reader’s attention and leave a lasting impression.
To write a cover letter, you must provide four major sections:
- Contact information: Put your name front and center. If your cover letter successfully quantifies your resume, your contact information is easy to locate for immediate follow-up.
- Introduction: You have two sentences to convince a hiring manager to keep reading and give you a chance. Your introduction cherry-picks one aspect from your resume and expands on it, tying that information to the requirements of the job and clearly stating how you can be a strong addition to a team.
- Body:Once you sway a hiring manager to keep reading, you use the body of your cover letter to provide proof. Use real examples of previous accomplishments and clearly explain how your success can carry over to the new job.Finding a strong job candidate is like picking through puzzle pieces –– make the puzzle easier for hiring managers by putting some of the pieces together, so they can see you, the candidate, more clearly.
- Conclusion: Thank the reader for their time, and provide a call to action that reminds them why you are interested and share your availability for a future discussion.
You can get a helping hand in this process by using our free cover letter builder. Our builder auto-selects the most influential introduction and ending for your cover letter based on the information that you share.
You can also click each section and scroll through multiple pre-written paragraphs until you find the perfect statement that reflects both your voice, personality and experience.
You start and end your cover letter with a pitch –– explaining how you are the best candidate for the job.
vYour first paragraph introduces the pitch. You can use an example of a related success, tie in a professional struggle that resulted in a deeper understanding of your career, or explain how your passion for a cause led to you applying for the role.
You end your letter by tying back to the pitch and reintroducing your sincere interest in the open position. This creates a nice callback to your introduction and adds finality to your cover letter.
If you’d like to learn more about how to successfully tailor your cover letter, visit our cover letter writing guide. We share section-specific strategies and examples to help you write a compelling cover letter.
Our cover letter maker walks you through every step of personalizing your cover letter. You choose from a variety of different skills, work styles, experience levels and dedicated tasks to ensure that you tailor your letter uniquely to your professional background.
Since we offer multiple ways to combine these topics, no one letter is the same.
Our free cover letter generator features multiple download formats: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word docx., SVG format, and our free Plain Text format.
To save your free cover letter examples, click the Download drop-down menu near the top of the right-hand menu, and choose the “Plain Text” option.
- Harvard University, “Resumes and Cover Letters: An Extension School Resource,” July 2021, .
- Olvia Crosby, “Resume, Applications, and Cover Letters,” Occupational Outlook Quarterly, 2009, https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/2009/summer/art03.pdf.