Free Downloadable Production Resume Templates and Expert Writing Tips
- Featured In:
Table of Contents
Here are more resources that can help you
- Resume Styles
- Best Resume Template
- Professional Resume Template
- Basic Resume Template
- Simple Resume Template
- Creative Resume Template
- Portfolio Resume Template
- Infographic Resume Template
- Contemporary Resume Template
- Modern Resume Template
- ATS Resume Template
- One-Page Resume Template
- Google Docs Resume Template
- OpenOffice Resume Template
- CV Template
- Biodata Resume Template
- Pages Resume Template
- Writer Resume Template
- Student Resume Template
- High School Student Resume Template
- Internship Resume Template
- Entry Level Resume Template
- Massage Therapist Resume Template
- Medical Assistant Resume Template
- Cashier Resume Template
- BabySitter Resume Template
- Customer Service Template
- Attorney Resume Template
- Customer Service Representative Resume Template
- Teacher Resume Template
- Engineering Resume Template
- Nurse Resume Templates
- Personal Support Worker
- Federal Resume Template
- Latex Resume Template
- College Student Resume Template
- High School Graduate Resume Template
Jobs in the production industry are involved in different areas and stages of product creation and delivery. Our job-specific resume examples are displayed in production-friendly resume templates that will help you write an ideal resume for your desired role.
Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Production Jobs
ConcreteThis resume template uses well-defined sections, making it an easy-to-read document. In this template, the career summary goes first, followed by the work history in reverse-chronological order, and your education and skills in the last two sections.
ContractorUsing a subtle hint of color, this resume template has a straightforward design to organize your information without any distracting design elements. Use this template to draw attention to your excellent candidate profile above all else.
CreditedThis neat and simple resume template style is formatted to display your skills before your work experience. This template is ideal for candidates with some relevant experience and a strong skill set to display.
Deep Blue TechnologyThis resume style organizes your sections to be displayed side by side. In this template, the experience and education sections are displayed first, followed by the skills section. This presentation enables the reader to seamlessly transition from one to the next.
Functional SpaceThis resume template features elegant section headings to clearly separate one section from the next. It’s also formatted as a chronological resume, with the opening statement being followed by the work experience, skills and education sections. The skills section highlights various soft, hard and technical skills in a bulleted list.
Plain DividerThis resume template is divided vertically into two sections — the left is a margin that contains the section titles, while the right side shows its description. The work history section is the first one, followed by the skills and education sections, making this template ideal for candidates with ample work experience to highlight.
9 Production Resume Examples
Candidates can use different resume formats at various career stages to highlight their work experiences, skills or academic training. To cater to the different needs of different career stages, resume formats are divided into chronological, functional and combination formats — each one with its unique design and structure.
Below are some examples for each resume category to help you choose the most suitable format for your resume.
A chronological resume is ideal for candidates with more than 10 years of work experience. In addition to describing their long and rich work history, this resume also showcases their considerable skills and strengths.
Production managers and supervisors usually benefit from this format. Below are three examples of chronological resumes for roles in the production industry:
1. Maintenance supervisor: For this position, ensure your resume displays your skills related to inspecting and supervising the necessary maintenance activities, plus other abilities that allow you to perform job-relevant tasks.
2. Production supervisor: As shown in this sample, the role of a production supervisor needs to showcase their dexterity with equipment operations. The work history section should highlight their ability to oversee the daily production activities.
3. Supply chain manager: In this role, the primary duty is to oversee and ensure the smooth functioning of the entire supply chain. Candidates prefer to use a chronological resume that tracks their career growth and displays their abilities to handle higher responsibilities.
A combination or hybrid resume is a mix of the functional and chronological formats, highlighting both skills and work experience. This resume is a good fit for candidates seeking a career or job change as it displays both their strong skills and long professional experience.
Some roles that can benefit from this resume type are demonstrated below.
1. Facilitator: As the name suggests, a facilitator guides and manages a program of various products, services or projects. This example clearly shows how a facilitator uses their production planning and control knowledge to deliver long-term success. Use similar skills for this role to positively impact potential employers.
2. Forklift operator: This job involves transporting and checking goods using the appropriate equipment systems. As it requires both skills and practical experience, the combination resume works best for this role as shown above.
3. Manufacturing team leader: As a veteran concerning manufacturing activities, the team leader’s resume includes skills like operating machines, processing, packaging and analytical aptitude. This resume example shows that a brief list of job-relevant skills is an excellent way to start this resume. The skills can be further elaborated in the next section.
Functional resumes are best for people changing careers, first-time job seekers or frequent job hoppers. This format prioritizes skills and technical knowledge at the top of your resume while downplaying your work history.
High-skilled workers across different industries, like machine operators or assemblers, are some entry-level roles that may use the functional resume. Refer to our examples to see how you can utilize a functional resume.
1. Assembler: Your resume needs to display your physical fitness and excellent manual dexterity for this job. The job involves operating all kinds of machines and hand tools. Willie’s resume example shows how to focus on your skills by including a bulleted list and describing the critical skills in detail.
2. Machine operator: A machine operator utilizes skills in machine handling and knowledge of safety and compliance rules. Since skills are of the utmost importance for this role, the functional resume is appropriate. Notice how Jonathon’s functional resume extensively describes his professional skills.
3. Machinist: The skills-based job profile of a machinist is focused on abilities like mathematical and computer proficiency, excellent coordination and strong accuracy. Displaying you have these skills and how you use them will make for a strong resume for an entry-level machinist position.
What Can You Earn as a Production Professional?
Production processes form the backbone of manufacturing industries. There are numerous tasks associated with production activities. It also involves the employment of thousands of workers in various roles and with variable wages. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top-paying industries for first-line supervisors of production and operating workers are:
Top Production Skills for Your Resume
Your soft, hard and technical skills need to be present throughout your resume, especially in the following sections:
- Professional Summary: The opening professional summary needs to contain your job-specific skills, for example, “punctuality” or “complete knowledge of the safety standards.”
- Skills Section: This section showcases six to eight of your top skills. These include a range of soft, hard and technical skills like excellent communication, detail-oriented or mechanical repair knowledge. Ensure that you do not repeat these skills in your resume.
- Work History: Your work history focuses primarily on your hard and technical skills. It also mentions your achievements and awards. For example, “performing preventive maintenance of machinery and adhering to quality standards led to 15% improvement in productivity.”
To help you build a stellar production resume, we’ve created lists of some common soft, hard and technical skills.
Soft skills are skills that are necessary for all professions. They are skills like interpersonal traits that define your attitude toward teamwork. The top skills recommended for a production employee are as follows:
- 1. Attention to details
- 2. Critical thinking
- 3. Dependability
- 4. Problem-solving
- 5. Communication skills
- 6. Collaboration
- 7. Strong analytical skills
- 8. Time management
- 9. Mathematical skills
- 10. Flexibility
- 11. Teamwork
- 12. Dexterity
Hard skills are job-specific traits learned through education or practical training. Here are a few common hard skills you can use in your production resume:
- 1. Strong quantitative skills
- 2. Knowledge of USDA safety standards
- 3. Knowledge of OSHA safety standards
- 4. Understanding of the production process
- 5. Knowledge of quality standards
- 6. Handling mechanical equipment
- 7. Operating machinery
- 8. Invoicing and billing information
- 9. Dexterity with production equipment
- 10. Guidelines for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- 11. Knowledge of company policies
- 12. Stamina
Technical skills are your abilities to perform tasks using digital tools. As an employee in the production process, your proficiency with these tools may be required:
- Quality management tools like ClickUp
- Microsoft Office apps like Excel
- Business intelligence software like Oracle
- Invoicing/billing software like Freshbooks
- Supply chain management software like SAP SCM
Best 5 Certifications for Your Production Resume
Hands-on experience is of the utmost importance for a career in production. However, gaining knowledge through certifications and higher education is also a way into the field. These are some certifications that can help you stand out from the competition:
- Certified Production Technician
- Certified Automation Professional
- Quality Engineer Certification
- American Society for Quality Certification
- CNC Lathe Certifications
Improve Your Writing Speed With a Resume Builder
Our Resume Builder provides access to resume templates with prewritten content for your job profile. You just have to download these resume templates on your preferred word processor and add your career credentials to personalize your resume.
This simple layout features a traditional font and the clever use of section borders to help each section of your resume stand out.
This distinctive two-column resume template identifies your name and professional experience in a bold color and clean presentation.
A clever design that breaks each of your professional accomplishments into distinct sections while following a format that will pass applicant tracking systems.
The elegant initials, simple header and strategic use of bullet points in this template help keep your professional accomplishments well-organized.
The bold use of a colorblocked heading paired with an elegant resume layout helps your name and contact information stand out.
This structured design combines a two-column approach with bullet points to highlight your key accomplishments and professional history.
A traditional template uses a crisp combination of dark text and thin borders to radiate professionalism. Your name sits prominently above your professional history.
This template’s design features plenty of whitespace neatly divided by gray bars to make the information on your resume easy to read for employers.
This two-column resume conveys a very clear breakdown of its sections that allows a hiring manager to quickly scan your resume.
The subtle color accents in this template add visual pizzazz in a classy way, a great option for most traditional industries.
This resume’s modern design and bold use of color make it pop. Its uniqueness is well-suited to those seeking jobs in creative industries.
Everything about this template is assertive from the boxy layout to its all-caps heading text that gives the impression that you’re all about business.
The understated contact information at the top puts attention front and center on your professional summary, skills, work experience and education sections.
The subtle use of red alongside black gives this template a bold feel while still featuring plenty of white space to make it easy to read.
What are the top skills for a production job seeker?
There are various roles in the production industry. Most of these roles require different skill sets. However, some recommended skills every production employee must have are:
- Attention to detail
- Dexterity with machines
- Knowledge of safety standards
What can production employees mention under a summary statement?
For a professional summary statement, production employees need to showcase their capabilities and experience related to their designation. Some other suggestions include:
- Add skills from the company’s job description as they will help you align your resume to the job.
- Identify the job requirements and focus on how you can meet their needs.
- Highlight your achievements or awards that display your ability to perform well on the job.
What are some examples of production duties?
A production team is responsible for the entire set of operations involved in creating a valuable product or service. Some specific duties are:
- Feeding raw materials into the machinery
- Assembling goods on production lines
- Monitoring the production processes
- Quality testing checks
- Storing goods and raw materials in a warehouse
- Using lifting equipment and forklift trucks
- Packing goods for shipping
Rate our Templates