Customizable and printable free cover / title page templates
Make a cover for proposal, term paper, project report, financial report, exam assignments, or a book
Although there is a saying not to judge the book by its cover when it comes to a research project, term paper, assignment, report, a book or a class assignment, the cover makes the first impression
. The cover page, also called the title page, is the front most page of a document
and it specifies what the whole document is about. The cover page is of absolute significance since it holds the title of the document. This part of your document must be designed in a way that whoever holds the publication can quickly understand what it is about and who it is intended for. A well designed and properly formatted page catches the attention of the reader and gives professional look to your document.
Proper format and content
The Cover Page of a document or a book should be designed in such a way that:
- It reflects a concise insight of the document.
- It grabs the attention of the person for whom it is written.
The format of a cover will depend on the nature of your publication. Typical format might include:
If you are making a cover for research, assignment, or term paper, it is very important that you check with instructor before creating your document. Your instructor will usually provide specific instructions on how the document should be made, and what it should include.
- Title of the document
- Name of the author
- Name of the author’s Institution
- Name of the tutor
- Document date or due date
Your company probably has some kind of coporate style already, and may be even a brandbook to ensure that all documents created by employees follow the same guidelines and to look in a similar way to enforce brand recognition. Check with your marketing department for corporate guidelines, or search intranet for similar documents.
- The company’s name and its logo
- Document version
- Submission Date
Books is where you can unleash your creativity. You will want to have the name and the author on the cover, but everything else is optional. You can choose any style you like, as long as the design "sells" your book, it's a good one.
- Name of the book
- ISBN number
- Publisher name
- Copyright information
- Publication date
Save time by using our free printable cover and title templates
Designing a beautiful, well-formatted cover is a tedious task. It requires a lot of time to search for a relevant image, identify appealing colors and styles, choose an appropraite font, set spacings and margins. If you are not sure what the title page should look like you must also figure out what to write and where to place it in the document. If you don’t have much time to create a new document from scratch, or don’t know how to do it yourself, our pre-made cover page templates will save you a lot of time. They include standard components usually found in cover pages. The templates absolutely free and fully editable
. Download the free file you like, and then edit with Microsoft Word, OpenOffice or Mac Pages. No registration is necessary, and the documents are distributed under Creative Commons license so they are truly free to download and use.
Formal Report / Document Cover Samples
See all Formal Title Covers
- Annual Report Cover Sample
- Purple pattern formal cover
- Blue Annual Report title page sample
- Formal Design with blue sidebar
- Header Weaves Research Report
- Purple circles cover design
- Formal title page design
- ... and more!
Creative Cover Samples
See all Creative Cover Designs
- Technology design cover
- Intelligent solutions cover page
- Red background abstract cover page
- Yellow lines professional theme
- Stylish book cover page
- Black grunge explosion design
- Professional elegant lines cover page
- Romantic cover page
- ... and more!
APA format Cover Samples
See all APA Cover Pages
- Typical APA Style Term Paper
- Standard format with title in the middle
- Two Authors, Same Affiliations
- Two Authors, Two Affiliations
- Three Authors, Two Affiliations
- Three Authors, Three Affiliations
- Three Authors, Same Affiliations for the first and third authors
- One Author, One Affiliation
- ... and more!
Further reading: check out a few more useful resources