15 Free Raffle Ticket Templates
Okay – your daughter comes home from her soccer practice and announces that her team is buying new uniforms and they have decided to hold a raffle and need your help.
Problem is, they do not have a clue as to what is involved and are desperate for your guidance.
A raffle – what’s involved
Now I know what you are thinking – the first thing you started worrying about was finding someone to do the printing. Then came the cost of the prize. And of course – where and how do we sell the tickets?
First of all, forget about contracting a printer – these days we all have access to a low-cost, hassle-free print shop in our homes. Yup – our home computers and printers can quickly accomplish the raffle ticket printing.
As for prizes – a canvass of community businesses will usually result in a donation of cash or merchandise. Community spirited businesses recognize the goodwill generated by such contributions and budget for such requests. A 50/50 raffle eliminates the necessity of a prize – this type of raffle simply splits the proceeds, half to the winner and half to the organization raising the funds. Many youth organizations successfully use this type of raffle on a regular basis – weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
Ready to rock?
Just use our templates.
DIY printable raffle tickets may require a little trial and error until you and your fellow fund-raisers are satisfied with the ticket format, but once done, they can be used time and time again. Browse the templates below – there is bound to be something there that you can modify and use.
One issue you may find difficult to manage is the numbering. This can be done manually or through the use of Microsoft Excel in a mail-merge type of operation. Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered – see below for directions!
Another not so fun part is the cutting and perforating required facilitating the tearing of the ticket from the stub. You could opt to farm the task out but that kind of defeats the purpose of DIY.
You can do it yourself. A full size paper cutter and an inexpensive tracing wheel will help accomplish this admittedly labor-intensive part of the job. Make it fun – enlist several of your fellow fund-raisers and set up a proper assembly line – the job gets done in no time.
Once the tickets are printed, perforated and cut, they are ready to be assembled into booklets. Again, this can be done quickly using an assembly line approach.
How and where to sell raffle tickets?
Neighborhood businesses are usually willing to help out and provide a venue for selling tickets. A warning here – high traffic businesses may be agreeable to selling, but it is not advisable to ask them to account for the tickets and money. This may require one of the members of your organization to stop by daily to pick up the money.
Social events where a lot of people congregate are also fertile selling ground – get permission.
Supermarkets are often amenable to letting you set up a table or booth at their exit – this provides a major traffic flow, and many people with pockets full of cash they just received as change from their purchases.
Use your imagination – drugstores, car dealerships, convenience stores, supermarkets, PTA meetings, church gatherings, and on and on!
Very simple Raffle Ticket design made of two parts - the ticket itself, and the coupon (stub) for the participant.
Type: Free Download - Uploaded: 2015-03-14 21:46:00 / 7925
How to make raffle tickets in Microsoft Word
Here is our step-by-step tutorial to creating raffle tickets in Microsoft Word using our templates. Each template on this page comes with four files: a spreadsheet with ticket numbers (ticket numbers file), a ticket template (template design file), an image preview, and a file with many pages and tickets (template design file merged). Need some visual help in following our tutorial? See this youtube tutorial video that does a good job explaining mail merge for raffle tickets.
Ticket Numbers File
This is a spreadsheet you can use to number your tickets. Simply fill the file with ticket numbers. These templates come pre-filled but in the event you want to alter the ticket numbers –
- Enter the first ticket number in cell A2. In this example we are using 1 as the first number and making 40 tickets.
- Select the cell, and then move cursor to the bottom right corner of the cell. Your cursor will change to a solid black T or “+” sign.
- Drag it down (making a note of the line you are on). We are making 40 tickets so drag down all the way to cell A41 (40 tickets + heading row)
- Once at A41 stop dragging and release. All cells now have the same number in them. To fix this, we use the auto-fill feature.
- There is a small icon in the bottom right corner that says Auto-Fill Options. Click it, chose “Fill Series”. Your numbers are now sequential.
- Save the file and close it.
Template Design File
This is a Microsoft Word file with the ticket designs. Feel free to use them as they are, or modify to suit your needs. Either way, you will need to make some changes before you can create your own tickets.
- Note this file has a single ticket. We will rollout this design to other tickets later, so if you decide to make changes – text, font or color – do it here.
- Once you are finished with the design, go to the “Mailings” ribbon to start the mail merge. You will see that the “Update Labels” is grayed out. Change that by clicking on Start Mail Merge > Labels > Cancel.
- Click Select Recipients > Use Existing List. When presented with the list, select the Ticket numbers.xlsx file you made earlier. Click OK.
- Our ticket templates have a placeholder for a ticket number, usually “xxx” to remind you it needs to be replaced. Select it, click Insert Merge Field > Ticket_. Do the same for the second ticket number placeholder (most tickets will have two as one part of the ticket is for the raffle host (you), and the other is for the purchaser.
- Click Update Labels in the “Mailing” ribbon, this will roll out the formatting to all the cells. You can click “Preview Results” to see what the tickets will look like when printed, and you can navigate pages and tickets by using Next Record, Last Record, Previous Record, or First Record.
- If you’d like to make any further changes, you can update the very first ticket, and then click “Update Labels” to apply the changes to all tickets.
- Once you are happy with the design, click Finish & Merge > Edit Individual Documents > All > OK
- You now have a new file called “Labels1” with all the tickets in it, all sequentially numbered, just ready for you to print and cut off.
Template Design File Merged
This is a Microsoft Office document we created from the Template Design File. If you followed the steps correctly, this is what your “Labels1” will look like.
Free Printable Raffle Ticket Templates
Below you will find our easy to modify and use templates. Simply find a description that is close to your needs and make the necessary changes. For those of you looking for a marketing tool, many tickets ask for the purchaser’s email address – a great way to stay in touch with your supporters.
50-50 Cash Raffle for Youth Club
A four-color (red, blue, taupe and cash green) ticket for a 50/50 draw benefiting a youth club. Would make a perfect advertising poster or newspaper ad.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:23:00 / 7892|
All Business Shades of Blue
A two-tone blue-grey ticket without picture. It’s easy to change the color and very business-like in appearance. This ticket shows three prizes to be won with room for more should you need it.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:27:00 / 7895|
Annual Raffle with Three prizes
A ticket for a 3-prize prize draw in two shades of restful green with a red ’ Hey – look at me!’ prize block in the center of the ticket.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:29:00 / 7898|
Be my Valentine Annual Draw
A ticket for a raffle featuring three prizes. Valentine pink with a lavender background, springtime is the season of love.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:29:00 / 7901|
Candy stripes Cancer Charity
A ticket for a cancer charity raffle. Two shades of eye-catching pink. Space for three prizes and your registered charity number which purchasers will find handy come income tax time.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:30:00 / 7904|
Cash Prize Raffle
A ticket for a cash raffle. Cash – always a favorite prize. Done in blue and steely gray background with eye-popping green cash prizes that seem to jump off the ticket.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:31:00 / 7907|
Dream Home Prize
A basic ticket for a dream home prize draw. Very basic and easy to modify, with ample space for additional details. Two shades of blue/gray with a bright blue information box as well as a smaller orange box. Picture of the house in the corner can be changed to a picture of your prize.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:32:00 / 7910|
Just kidding around
A ticket for a cash prize draw in aid of children. Delightful! Eye-catching picture. Six colorful whimsical caricatures of smiling children and a smiling pussycat. Festive pink and yellow background.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:33:00 / 7913|
Two lovely shades of springtime green. A ticket for raising money in aid of repairing of a building, a renewal – like spring! A 50/50 raffle. It’s simple design could easily be adapted to a poster advertising the raffle.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:34:00 / 7916|
On the Road
A ticket for a combination 50/50 and prize raffle, with a automotive/travel theme. Screened in gray background of a highway with a sporty red car in the corner. The car can be easily swapped for another vehicle.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:34:00 / 7919|
Picture perfect Single Prize
A beautiful full color background photo of a country meadow on a sunny summer’s day. The ticket is for a single prize of a club membership but there is plenty of space for additional prizes.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:35:00 / 7922|
Soccer Charity Match Raffle
A ticket for a 50/50 draw with a soccer theme. Featuring a vivid photo of a soccer ball resting on the soccer field grass.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:47:00 / 7928|
Sport Charity Match
A colorful 50/50 ticket on a solid background, this one for a sports raffle, with a picture of a rugby player about to pass the ball. The player is easily changed to an athlete of your choice.
|Uploaded:||2015-03-14 21:47:00 / 7931|