Free Printable Christmas Flyer Templates
For retailers, the holiday season is an important time of year. Statista reports that the holiday retail sales in the U.S. are now more than $630 billion. As much as 30 percent of a retailer’s annual sales occur during the holiday period. To make sure you’re getting potential customers spending in your store, you’ll need to get creative with your marketing. Choose from our range of free Christmas flyer templates for a simple way to promote your business and increase your sales this holiday season.
Why Use Christmas Flyers?
Many people’s holiday traditions include the giving of gifts. For retailers, this means two things. First, that consumers want to spend their hard-earned money, and second, that they must compete with other retailers to entice consumers away from that hard-earned money. To keep up with the competition, your business must use every tactic it has available, including promotions, sale events, and special offers. Whether you own a brick-and-mortar store or operate an online business, you need a way to separate yourself from your competitors. Get also started with your resume.
Seasonal specials and December discounts are two important strategies. Flyers are, as well—however, to stay ahead of your competition, make sure your flyers are seasonally appropriate and have holiday themes.
A well designed Christmas flyer can help you:
- Sell goods and services – Including winter specials and discounts on your flyer is a great way to increase your Christmas-season sales. This can then create repeat business and give your overall sales a boost throughout the year.
- Promote holiday events – Whether you want to let employees know about an upcoming Christmas party or you’re trumpeting a holiday fundraiser, a Christmas event flyer will help you spread the word.
How to Create a Cracking Christmas Flyer
When creating your Christmas flyer, you need to consider both its imagery and text. Here we have provided some guidance on how to make the most of your content and get the best possible results.
Choose Festive Images
Visual appeal is critical in catching the reader’s attention. You need to select images that draw the eye to your content and encourage the reader to learn more about what you’re promoting. Of course, you should consider your audience and tailor any imagery to suit. For example, if your business sells Christmas trees, you’ll likely want to use a picture of a Christmas tree to promote it. If you don’t need to be this specific, you can always opt for more generic images such as Christmas presents, Santa Claus, a snowman, or baubles.
When sourcing images for your Christmas flyer, you can pay for royalty-free stock photos from such sites as Shutterstock. Another option is to download free images from sites such as Pixabay, but be aware that the choice of available imagery is more limited. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you have permission to use the images and are not infringing on any copyrights.
Write Text That Excites
Whether you are promoting a special offer, discount, or seasonal special, the flyer’s text may make the difference between a couple of extra sales and potentially hundreds of new and repeat customers.
To create an informative and enticing flyer, here are the key items to include:
- Title – Usually the first thing section that is read, the title needs to let the reader know what you’re promoting. Examples include “Holiday Sale Up To 40% Off!” or “Christmas Eve Service.” Place the title in a prominent position and use a large, legible font that contrasts with the background color. If the flyer is not for a specific Christmas promotion, the title may simply be “Merry Christmas” or “Happy New Year.”
- Description – Under the title, you may want to include a section to add further information relevant to your event, promotion, or greeting. If you are promoting a one-off event, don’t forget to include its date, time, and location.
- Call-to-action – Depending on what you’re using the flyer for, you may want to use phrases such as “Place your order today” or “RSVP before December 15th.” An effective call-to-action lets the reader know what they need to do next and should encourage them to act sooner rather than later.
- Contact details – So that potential customers know where to get their great deal, make sure to include details on how to contact you. This may include a physical address, website, telephone number, or social media accounts.
How to Promote Your Christmas Flyer
Once you have created your festive flyers, it’s time to distribute them. When deciding on a strategy for promoting your flyers, you need to consider your target audience and where you are likely to find them. For general flyer distribution ideas, take a look at our Free Flyer Templates page. Also, here are some Christmas flyer promotion options you may want to consider based on your specific needs:
- Dress someone up in a festive-themed costume to hand out flyers in your area. Santa Claus or a reindeer is sure to catch the attention of passersby.
- Send a “Winter Specials” email to your newsletter subscribers. Make it extra special by attaching a personalized season’s greetings e-card.
- Hold a stall at a Christmas market and offer a flyer to every person who makes a purchase or enquiries about your business.
Another important aspect is timing. It may seem obvious, but there is little point in distributing flyers during spring if you are promoting a winter special. Carefully considering all the distribution options in advance will ensure you get your flyer in front of the right people, in the right place, and at the right time.
Christmas Flyer Examples
If you don’t have time to design a flyer from scratch, download one of our free Christmas flyer templates. It’s as simple as customizing the text and images, then printing and distributing the finalized flyer. We have lots of different themes to choose from, and we also have templates that can be used to create season’s greetings cards as well as Christmas and New Year event invitations.
After Christmas Sales
Create your own message and look professional with our After Christmas Sale flyer templates. Downloadable in Microsoft Word, the flyers are easy to customize with your logo, location, offers and product description.
To create these beautiful Christmas Flyer Templates we used free graphics from different sources. If you would like to download original vector files, see these links: