Free Downloadable Copywriting Resume Templates and Expert Writing Tips
- Featured In:
Table of Contents
Here are more resources that can help you
Clear and concise copywriting goes a long way in deciding the fate of any written message. Convey your preparedness and top qualifications in your resume with these copywriting resume templates and examples. Find a copywriting position best suited to your abilities by highlighting your research, writing, creative thinking, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with our professionally-designed downloadable templates.
Best Free Downloadable Resume Templates for Copywriting Jobs
What people sayThis functional copywriting resume highlights your skills and follows the experience and education sections. The left-hand side lists all your professional references systematically. You can easily download this resume and customize it to suit your needs.
NeatThis resume has a simple design that emphasizes your core strengths while focusing on your critical accomplishments, like completing a client deliverable. You could customize this resume to make it stand out in an impactful way.
Icons and bulletsThis is a well-structured and cleanly formatted resume. It presents your achievements front and center, making it easy to highlight your various roles and responsibilities. We suggest that you personalize the style of this resume by making extensive use of bullet points to highlight your significant accomplishments
BloggingThis is an informational and concise resume, which resembles the basic structure of a blog page. The creative format and ease of browsing make it an attractive choice for experienced professionals. You can easily customize it to suit your requirements.
AdvertiseThis resume stands out with style. With a detailed “About Me” section, this resume aims to provide relevant information to prospective employers in an engaging format. Reformat each section as needed and customize them according to your needs.
What Can You Earn as a Copywriting Professional?
If you wish to carve out a career as a copywriting professional, it will help to know how much you can earn in this profession. Your experience, employer and job location could significantly impact your earnings.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, these are average national wages for the following copywriting industries-
Top Copywriting Skills for Your Resume
A well-curated skills section can increase your chances of getting that coveted job offer. You must showcase a balanced mix of soft, hard and technical skills across the following resume sections:
- Professional summary: A copywriter needs to have an eye for detail and an impressive vocabulary. The ability to create compelling but readable content is the hallmark of a copywriter. Save your most valuable skills for the professional summary, so your employer is readily impressed with your resume.
- Skills section: Highlight six to eight skills in bullet points on your primary skills section. For a copywriter, strong writing and communication skills, creative thinking and research skills, and technical expertise in various word processors are must-haves on your resume.
- Work history: Mention at least one skill for each role you list in your work history section. For example, “creating automated email campaigns,” “boosting the average landing page conversion,” or “developing content strategy and positioning” are highly relevant hard skills for all copywriting positions.
To strengthen your resume and help you accurately showcase your qualifications and skills, we compiled a list of the most frequently requested copywriting skills.
Soft skills combine social and communication skills that enable you to be an efficient team member. These skills help you perform better at the workplace and achieve your goals individually and collaboratively. As a copywriting professional, the following interpersonal skills are imperative:
- 1. Excellent verbal communication
- 2. Creative thinking
- 3. Time management
- 4. Decision making
- 5. Eye for details
- 6. Teamwork
- 7. Flexibility
- 8. Problem-solving
- 9. Interpersonal skills
Hard skills are the product of learning or on-the-job experience and are usually specific to a particular job or industry. As a copywriting professional, these skills include research, technical writing and SEO awareness. Below are a few skills that might strengthen your copywriting resume:
- 1. Content management
- 2. Strong grasp of grammar and punctuation
- 3. Document management
- 4. Good writing skills
- 5. SEO research and implementation
- 6. Topical research
- 7. Email marketing
- 8. Pay-per-click advertising
- 9. Conversion rate optimization
- 10. Interpret customer research
Technical skills are the highly specialized skills or knowledge used to perform practical tasks. As a copywriting professional, it is advisable to have the following technical skills:
- 1. Strong MS Office skills
- 2. Advanced MS Word skills
- 3. Strong SEO knowledge
- 4. Analytical skills
- 5. Good knowledge of User Experience (UX)
- 6. Sound knowledge of editing software
- 7. CMS (example WordPress, Squarespace)
- 8. FrameMaker and Sharepoint expertise
- 9. HTML and CSS
- 10. Strong knowledge of marketing funnel
Best 5 Certifications for Your Copywriting Resume
Although it is possible to learn copywriting on the job, some recognized certifications can add value to your resume. Some of these additional courses or certificates that can enhance your academic knowledge are:
What are the top 3 skills of a copywriter?
The top three skills on your resume will depend on the role and company you’re applying to. Always study the job ad to determine which skills the employer values most. However, in a general sense, copywriters should possess the following top required skills on their resume:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinking
- Strong research skills
What do copywriters mention under a summary statement?
The professional summary statement should showcase two to three essential skills mentioned in your desired role's job description. To increase the chance of your resume being shortlisted for the position, make sure you have done the following:
- Carefully examine the open job opportunity to identify its requirements.
- Highlight critical professional skills that match what appears on the job description — as long as you genuinely possess them, of course.
- List any certifications, relevant coursework or any impressive achievement that will undoubtedly capture a recruiter's attention.
What are examples of copywriting duties?
If you’re interested in pursuing a copywriting career, you need to know your potential daily responsibilities. Most copywriting responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Write copy for various media like social, print and online.
- Edit and proofread all written work to ensure high editorial standards are met.
- Collaborate with multiple departments like creative, product and marketing to assess project needs.
- Work on campaigns to increase brand awareness.
- Liaise with clients through emails and phone calls to understand their requirements.
Rate our Templates